Potato and Feta Patties


I know these aren't the prettiest snacks in the world, but they sure are delicious. I love feta cheese and adore anything with potatoes (I'm a carbohydrate addict) so I found these patties to be absolutely perfect.

If you are looking for a great tasting, no-hassle appetizer or snack then this recipe is for you.

Enjoy and happy cooking :)


Ingredients:
1 lb potatoes
1 small onion
3 tsp parsley
1 1/2 cups feta cheese
1 cup flour
2 eggs
1 tsp coriander
salt and pepper to taste
3 tsp olive oil


First, grate the potato and onion and mix them together into a bowl. Next, squeeze the water out of the potato and onion mix with your hands -- I squeezed a handful at a time and transferred the squeezed mixture into a second bowl.


Add the parsley, eggs, flour, cardamon and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Do not add too much salt -- keep in mind that the feta cheese is pretty salty.


In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and add 1-2 large tablespoons of the batter at a time (make the batter into as neat a circle as you can). Heat each side for about 2 minutes until cooked through. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding more olive oil if necessary.


Garnish with parsley.


Serves 8

13 comments:

  1. This looks sooooo yummy! Thanks, Nirvana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an absolutely gorgeous blog. I love the colors and this recipe looks yummy. In my opinion, everything is better with feta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that -- this blog looks simply amazing. And the potatoes don't look that bad either! Please keep the recipes comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much :) Ragan at bloggerboutique designed it in no time -- she's super talented :)

    I'm so glad you liked the recipe

    Joie de vivre -- I absolutely agree -- everything does taste better with feta - I could live on eating feta with tomatoes and cucumbers all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I think I'd have to top these with pepper jelly. I don't know why, just seems like it might be a yummy combo. I just made a tomato, orzo, basil and feta side dish that I make all the time. If you love feta (and carbs) come give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deborah! I've actually never had pepper jelly before (to my knowledge) -- I'm intrigued though, its on my to-do list now :) Your orzo and feta side dish sounds absolutely delicious -- now I'm craving orzo and its 10:30 in the morning here! :) I love your site btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your site is amazing and so beautifully put together. I really enjoyed looking over your site and experimenting with your recipes. This is one is my favourite and I hope you do put some more up soon!

    Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm loving those potato and feta patties of yours!
    Nirvana - your blog is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking site and great looking patties. I love feta too.! Going to flag this recipe to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all so much :):)I hope you enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look really good,yum yum:)!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. I promise to respond to any questions as soon as I possibly can.